Cultivating Inspired Learning
We will cultivate inspired learning that empowers students by using research-based instructional and assessment practices, promoting higher order thinking, developing students’ abilities as innovators, and providing students varied opportunities to demonstrate their learning.
- Create a task force to begin planning a process for addressing needs
- Consult and learn from other international schools who have innovative programming
- Examine facilities and ensure that they support our technology/innovation programming.
- Reinstitute Professional Learning Communities (PLC) structure centered on strategic initiatives.
- Expand course offerings in high school and redefine middle school exploratories prioritizing student choice.
- Develop school-wide assessment agreements with clarifications for each division and in alignment with growth mindset.
- Use 15 fixes (O’Connor) to facilitate assessment conversations.
- Emphasize using different methods of assessment to demonstrate learning. Emphasize assessment tasks that involve creating.
- Develop a common language around assessment and higher order thinking.
- Establish peer to peer observations.