Strengthening Our Diverse community
To strengthen our diverse community and to cultivate cultural sensitivity, empathy, and an ability to see things from different perspectives, we will integrate diversity into our learning, partner with local communities to offer authentic learning opportunities, and build community by forging meaningful connections among our students, parents, faculty, and alumni.
Why Diverse Community Matters
First Year Action Steps
- Create a committee/task force with student input on this initiative.
- Reinstitute Professional Learning Communities (PLC) structure centered on strategic initiatives.
- Solicit, create and share Professional Development on cultural awareness and integration (focus on our learning).
- Review and revising scholarship programs to encourage a more diverse student population
- Create events and establish personnel that link the WBAIS and JAIS campuses.
- Reimagine parent involvement in the context of CoVid and create a plan.
- Redesign of communication platforms (website, app, social media).