Even Yehuda Campus
Established under the auspices of the American Embassy in 1958, The Walworth Barbour American International School in Israel (WBAIS) is a private, co-educational Prekindergarten through Grade 12 international school offering an American program leading to a US high school diploma. WBAIS has four levels: Preschool, Elementary School (Grade K-5), Middle School (Grade 6-8), and High School (Grade 9-12). The first year of formal, full day education begins in Kindergarten.
With a present K-12 enrollment of 565 students representing over 50 nationalities, we are a diverse and vibrant community. Approximately 40% of our students are Americans, 20% are Israelis and the remainder hail from countries from all over the world. Many of our families are in Israel with the diplomatic corps, but a substantial number of families are here with multi-national companies.
The faculty of 87 teachers and administrators are mostly of American origin with approximately 20% Israelis and another 20% from the UK, Australia, South Africa and other countries. Two-thirds of our staff are permanent residents of Israel; the remainder are US hires. Over 40% of the staff have advanced degrees.
- We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In 2008 we were awarded the International Credential.
- Our comprehensive American curriculum is supported by materials and texts purchased from US publishers.
- Reflecting our commitment to small classes, the teacher-pupil ratio is 1:10.
- Common philosophical underpinnings unite all grade levels and subject areas.
- WBAIS is committed to cultivating tomorrow’s world citizens.
- In the high school, we have a challenging college preparatory program with a wide array of Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
Our new state-of-the-art 19-acre campus is located in the town of Even Yehuda, a residential community approximately 20 kilometers north of Tel Aviv. The campus includes three separate schools, a performing arts building and auditorium, a gym, a full cafeteria, a library and media center, athletic fields, tennis and basketball courts, a pool, and many other facilities (including a dark room, art rooms, a fitness center, and a video station).
Buses are available for students living in many locations. For specific areas and costs, click here.
In August of 2007, WBAIS moved to a new, purpose-built, state-of-the-art facility on nineteen acres in the town of Even Yehuda. Our new campus houses separate Elementary School, Middle School, and High School buildings. Plus, we have extensive facilities:
- a Fine Arts and Performing Arts Building
- a Library Media Center (15,000 volumes)
- four computer laboratories
- a cafeteria building
- a double gymnasium
- a swimming pool
- a 400-seat auditorium
- a Multi-Purpose Room
- extensive athletic fields
- tennis courts
- outdoor basketball courts
- a fitness center
- wireless internet